STUDIES IN ENGLISH
The candidate should confirm his/her proficiency in English (B2 level at least) by:
- providing information that previous education was delivered fully in English (eg. diploma),
- delivering certificate (list below).
If candidate is unable to confirm the proficiency in English, it can be verified by the University of Silesia.
We accept the following certificates:
- Confirmation that former education was carried out in English (the candidate has graduated either studies in English or English-speaking secondary school)
- Certificate issued by institutions of Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) —ALTE Level 3 (B2), ALTE Level 4 (C1), ALTE Level 5 (C2), especially:
- First Certificate in English (FCE),
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE),
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage — co najmniej Pass,
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher,
- Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT).
- Certificate issued by one of the following institutions:
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) — especially:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — at least 87 points in Internet-Based Test (iBT); at least 180 points in Computer-Based Test (CBT) complemented with at least 50 points Test of Spoken English (TSE); at least 510 points in Paper-Based Test (PBT) complemented with at least 3,5 points in Test of Written English (TWE) and at least 50 points in Test of Spoken English (TSE); Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) — at least 700 points;
- European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages (ECL),
- City & Guilds, City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications, Pitman Qualifications Institute, especially:
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) — First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level; International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) — „Communicator”, „Expert”, „Mastery”; City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Communicator (B2) 500/1765/2; City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Expert (C1) 500/1766/4; City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Mastery (C2) 500/1767/6; Spoken English Test (SET) for Business — Stage B „Communicator”, Stage C „Expert”, Stage C „Mastery”; English for Business Communications (EBC) — Level 2, Level 3; English for Office Skills (EOS) — Level 2,
- Edexcel, Pearson Language Tests, Pearson Language Assessments, especially:
London Tests of English, Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International); London Tests of English, Level 4 (Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International); London Tests of English, Level 5 (Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International),
- Education Development International (EDI), London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board, especially:
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) — English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4; London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) — Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE); London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) — English for Tourism Level 2 — „Pass with Credit”, „Pass with Distinction”,
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, IDP IELTS Australia, especially:
International English Language Testing System IELTS — at least 6 points,
- telc GmbH, WBT Weiterbildungs – Testsysteme GmbH, especially: B2 Certificate in English — advantage, B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes — advantage, Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2), telc English B2, telc English B2 Business, telc English B2 Technical, telc English C1.
Providing mentioned certificates is not necessary if the candidate’s former education was carried out in English (see point 1). If such information is not available on the diploma, the candidate is required to submit the certificate with such information.